Thursday, October 9, 2014

THE SANCTITY OF MARRIAGE


THE SANCTITY OF MARRIAGE

(FRAZER CHRONICLE)

(All the News That Nobody Else Will Print)

I never knew that by opposing gay marriage personally, that if a law somewhere was passed, or a decision rendered by a court to allow same sexes to join in a legal union, or a movement by concerned activists for the ability of two same sexed people to marry…..was an encroachment of my right. If two lesbians get married or if two men tie the knot, I was being “put upon” because of their decision. This I’ve gotta think about!

 

An opinion that appeared in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, penned by Julaine Appling sparked my interest, and pushed me to write this blog almost in rebuke to what Ms Appling had to say. She cited a decision by the United States Supreme Court which allows same sex marriages in Wisconsin and the admission by Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker that “the fight to preserve Wisconsin’s Marriage Protection Amendment is over.”

 

Ms Appling admitted that the “fight (opposing gay marriage) may be over for now; however it may be just the beginning because children really do matter for Wisconsin’s future.” I’m not too sure where the lady is coming from, does she mean that there are thousands of kids in the state who are living with two mommies or two daddies, and that atmosphere is a disruptive factor to the children? If so…..I had no idea that there were that many kids like that (either no dads or no moms).

 

She continues that the Supreme Court has stripped Wisconsinites of their ability to protect marriages…..again I don’t get it. Just because some court rules that gays can marry, how does that action impact me, I won’t marry a gay guy and I sure as hell won’t marry a lesbian, so exactly how have my rights changed?

 

MARRIAGE WASN’T INVENTED BY THE UNITED STATES

Well “la-de-da,” like I didn’t know that, I however don’t think that the act was invented by Neanderthals…..well now wait a minute, maybe there was an exchanging of clubs or something when a man and woman decided to live together.

 

Of course Ms Appling, Wisconsin didn’t invent marriage, nor did the United States…..nor did the churches; I think it evolved from man’s need to consummate one of the most important unions that humans enter into. It’s for sure more important than buying a house or automobile…..well maybe an automobile is a bit more important than a marriage.

 

I have never…..repeat “never” entertained any thoughts of marrying a dude, that thought is repugnant to me…..anyways I love most women way too much to waste myself on another man. I do however have men friends…..but unlike women who have friends, and they kiss hello and goodbye, the men friends that I’ve had don’t kiss, although we hug…..does that make me gay?

 

Does it sound like I’m putting a comic spin on this issue, well I hope so, cause I do not think that people like Julaine Appling have a clue about what they are talking about. For me and mine, we really disdain the argument against gay marriage, for us it’s a non issue, and a damn expensive way for our elected officials to waste their time and our tax dollars.

 

The “heel” of opposition to same sex marriage is that if children are brought into such an atmosphere, or if two women have a child through artificial fertilities (in vitro), those children have way over a 50% chance of turning out maladjusted at the least, and complete messes at the most.

 

Sorry Ms Appling but here again, your concern about compromising a child’s upbringing or quality of life is…..well, full of bull. Study after study has shown that mostly well adjusted kids have come from same sexed couples…..I don’t know how one person could get so many things wrong…..but Ms Appling, thanks to you I’m learning.

 

LET’S KNOCK THIS NON-ISSUE OFF

Okay Ms Appling, everybody has his/her right to voice an opinion, and you’ve voiced yours, the trouble with you voicing your opinion is that you base yours on antiquated, out of touch issues that are easy to disprove.

 

The question of whether same sex unions, either legal or otherwise is a sin, are unreligious are well founded, and I totally agree. However I do not think that to people of the same sex getting married endangers anything, especially a guy like me…..you see, I’m a homophobe, to see two same sexed people traveling around together as man and man, or women and women kind of makes me sad because I know how many in the world react.

 

Being queer or gay isn’t for me, like I said “I love women way too much.” For us, as a species, we need to move on--- these people are not threats to straights, in fact I’m sure that to a gay, imagining an encounter with a straight is kind of disgusting.

 

And anyways, the real problem with states accepting same sex marriages is tied to a monetary issue, big time. Health insurance and life insurance to a lesser degree has a bug in their bustle about treating same sex marriage just like they do heterosexuals. Think about it, the nightmare of either recognizing all marriages the same or creating a whole new department for gays…..money, money, money.

 

HAVE A NICE DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment