Monday, August 13, 2012

WHY DO WE KEEP VOTING THESE JERKS INTO POLITICAL OFFICE?


WHY DO WE KEEP VOTING THESE JERKS INTO POLITICAL OFFICE?

(Frazer Chronicle)



Caught several e-mails today from people that I have never met, have never wanted to meet, and am pretty sure I never will meet. One was from Democratic Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett, the other was from Eric Hovde, a business man from Wisconsin who is running for a Senate seat as a Republican. Both wasted little time letting people know how they felt about Paul Ryan being named as Mitt Romney's running mate on the Republican ticket which the nation will vote on in November.



Both were typical in their views.....right down the party line, saying exactly what their individual parties’ stance is on Ryan. I can't figure it out, here I am, this little, short, balding, 68 year old, with a few too many pounds around my generation gap, getting e-mails from two high powered fellows, one a mayor of a major Midwestern city, and the other a multi-millionaire who has made his mark in the Hedge-fund business.



I feel honored, why just yesterday, Sunday, August 12th. I was outside sanding my house, preparing the siding for a new paint job. Through the sweat and dust, and the occasional swear words, I felt I wasn't making fast enough progress, and am really worried that I won't get the paint on the "old shack" before snow flies.



After several hours of sanding, (I have a disc sander) I retreated into my "man cave" to read my e-mails and check up on the current online news. Imagine my delight and surprise when I discovered the two e-mails from such high powered people. I wanted to devour the morsels of intellect, and glory in the fact that I was important enough to be able to actually converse with these 2 paragons of leadership.



Imagine my deflated feeling when I read the messages; it was like the same model car, just a different paint job. If you’re looking for either of these jokers to "take you down to the waters and wash your illusions away," well.....you can just forget it, it was business as usual.



FOR THESE TWO GUYS, I'LL SPEAK:

Paul Davis Ryan is a good looking Republican member of the United States House of Representatives from Wisconsin's 1st district. Born in 1970, educated at Miami University, Oxford, Ohio, Ryan has spent his entire adult "working" life as a political animal. Now before you get your shorts in a bunch, I really don't have a single thing against a person "working" as a politician, we need competent people to represent us in either the state capitol, or in Washington.



I guess I would call Ryan the "blanket man," he makes blanket statements, which, at least in his mind are true. Ryan is also a disciple of Russian born Ayn Rand, which he is more than welcome to advocate.....as long as he's a private citizen. However, he doesn't work in the private sector; he is a highly visible member of the United States House of Representatives, and as such, needs to have an open mind.



One simple building block of the Ayn Rand philosophy is that she advocated reason as the only means of acquiring knowledge, and rejecting all forms of faith and religion. Another of Rand's ideas was that a Laissez-faire, "French for (let them do)" atmosphere of no trade tariffs, no government subsidies, and enforced monopolies, with only enough government regulations sufficient to protect property rights against theft and aggression.



Of course, it was predictable, the more Ryan's star shined, the more he distanced himself from the teachings of Rand. For me, for a brief moment, I thought Paul Davis Ryan might sweep in, and with his like minded "new" members of elected politicians change things. Sadly it didn't take long for me to be put down by these people's antics.



Ryan and his buddies, "by and large" are quite the same as their predecessors, eliminate, eliminate, eliminate. There is a reason for big government.....and we are that reason, as a people, we can't seem to get it right. I'll bet Paul Davis Ryan sat around the old Ryan Ponderosa when he was just a young sprout, and made up budgets just to practice what he would be doing 15 or so years later.



Paul Ryan isn't a bad man, or evil, he's just another misunderstood conservative who happens to be in the political lime-light. Oh make no mistake; Ryan is absolutely where he wants to be, thus far, at the pinnacle of his political career.



And some of Ryan's desires and stated reform programs have merit; however some are also full of crap. To tackle all of his listed "wish list" reforms, you'd have to be super human, and in addition numbers of people would be thrown into harsh austerity situation.



Ryan lists problem areas as health care, Medicare/Medicaid, social security, tax reform, work force re-training and budget reform. Without exception, each of these issues need addressing, and dealt with in a common sense attitude. But all at once.....come on Paulie, "ain't gonna happen, you must know that, somewhere deep in that conservative mind of yours."



Is Paul Davis Ryan good for the Republican ticket.....only time will tell, but one thing is for sure, the United States didn't get to where it's at today.....overnight. It's going to take more than one term in office for any meaningful changes to happen.



Paul Davis Ryan and Mitt Romney will learn this fact, I'm sure Romney already has come to terms with this fact. The United States is made up of breathing, walking, talking human beings, who feel joy as well as pain. We are a funny lot, capable of tremendous achievements as well as huge blunders; after all.....we are just human.



It's the silly season out there....."in the political world," and the whoring is really just beginning, you just wait until the witching hour is upon us, about the 1st of September, that's when these jokers really warm up to the task at hand, and really start making outrages comments. "Bon-appetite."
  

No comments:

Post a Comment