Tuesday, September 4, 2012

GOVERNMENT'S FIRST DUTY!
(Jackie Miller/U.S. National Archives & Records/Frazer Chronicle)
 
Man, it's Tuesday, NOT Monday, no wonder I'm "backedasswards," you know, as we get older, missing a day here and there can be traumatic, like maybe I slept right through a day. But no matter the day, it's time to get back on track and get to the job at hand.....trying to understand exactly what is going on in our country, and with our country.
 
My wife got an e-mail from her cousin while we were away in Michigan, and it made me wonder exactly what in the hell was going on. I never knew that government's first and  primary responsibility was to protect it's people.....I guess that includes me and mine. Wow, that's a load off my mine, I mean, like I was really concerned about my own cute little behind and it's safety.
 
According to Ronald Reagan, "government's first duty is to PROTECT the people.....not to RUN their lives. Now Reagan was a Republican President with 2 terms in the White House under his belt, so,  I guess that means that whatever he said was important, profound, and that the country should take note of his quotes.
 
With that in mind, I decided to find out what was behind this quote by the former president about how the government should be in a protective mode at all times.....because frankly, I didn't know that we were that much in danger of having our rights of freedom taken away. Far be it from me to question a former president and his little adenoidal "brainy quotes."
 
So I looked it up, I scoured around, looking for information on what the original "fathers" thought that the federal government's first duty was.....God was I surprised, almost speechless you might say, but I caught myself well before the speechlessness set in, and I took time to clear my head, and "cut through to the chase" as they say.
 
WHAT I GLEANED!
I know that many of you have guns, you seem to need them, "guns," and most are careful, follow whatever laws are that govern gun ownership, and most of you know just how dangerous guns can be. In my view guns are for only one thing, to kill, whether people, or game, guns are first and foremost instruments of death.
 
Oh sure, you target practice, zero them in, oil them down, grease them up, or whatever it is you do to make them ready for the ultimate use, but in the end, with very, very little exception, they are ready for their primary use.....to kill.
 
The right to keep and bear arms, according to the second amendment of the United States Constitution is to ensure a well regulated militia, necessary to the security of a free state. This right shall not be infringed, but also shall be regulated. I guess this regulated part went right over the heads of the gun advocate people.
 
We all know people how never ever should be trusted with a loaded gun.....of any type, they are simply too unstable. I mean, if an intruder enters my house I'd have absolutely no problem with making him a cup of coffee, fry him a few eggs topped off with some nice English muffins. To top the food off, while he was eating, I'd take orders for whatever he wanted to steal.....and go and get it, I don't own anything valuable enough, or important enough to get into a deathly shootout over.

Surprisingly the Constitution in it's original form didn't even mention bearing arms, or what the first responsibility of government was. Initially the Constitution laid out a general blue-print of how the federal government should "govern" the people, how laws should be enacted, how the government should be supported, "financially," and the duties and responsibilities of government.

Never once was there any mention of government "protection" towards the people that government was supposed to "serve." The U.S. Constitution is an amazingly simple piece of written document that spells out how to judge and govern people(s) in an honest, and fair way in our country.

The owning of a gun, and being able to protect one's self and his property comes later, and the dealy about the government protecting it's people is, well.....just isn't in any written material that I can find, anyways with regards to how important the protection of us    is supposed to be.

REAGANOMICS, TRICKLE ON THIS:
All sorts of really good stuff has been attributed to President Ronald Reagan and his merry band of theatrical advisers, and I think it's important to remember where Reagan came from.....movies, it's where he did most of his work.

Was he a "hack" as an actor, gee I don't know, I really never cared, I do know that he did all sorts of roles, under many different directors. He was an uncredited radio announcer, a love sick Andy McCaine in "Love is on the Air, was  Lieutenant "Brass Bancroft" in several movies, and uttered his famous "Where's the rest of me," in the movie,  "King's Row" in 1942.

There is absolutely no mistake, Ronald Reagan was a "blast" in the White House, I only wish I'd have been writing blogs back then. However, even though I wasn't around.....at least on the blog-o-sphere, I can pass on some real jewels of his wisdom:
FREEDOM IS NEVER MORE THEN ONE GENERATION AWAY FROM EXTINCTION.

IF WE EVER FORGET THAT WE ARE ONE NATION UNDER GOD, THEN WE WILL BE A NATION GONE UNDER.

GOVERNMENT EXISTS TO PROTECT US FROM EACH OTHER. WHERE GOVERNMENT HAS GONE BEYOND ITS LIMITS IS IN DECIDING TO PROTECT US FROM OURSELVES.

GOVERNMENT DOES NOT SOLVE PROBLEMS, IT SUBSIDIZES THEM.

REPUBLICANS BELIEVE EVERY DAY IS THE FOURTH OF JULY, BUT DEMOCRATS BELIEVE EVERY DAY IS APRIL 15TH.

A PEOPLE FREE TO CHOOSE WILL ALWAYS CHOOSE PEACE.

MAN IS NOT FREE UNLESS GOVERNMENT IS LIMITED.

I can't go any further, for whatever reason, Republicans seem to embrace Reagan, seem to point to all the good and great things that he did, as well as stood for during his time on Capital Hill. However it's funny, no matter what is said of Reagan's administration, there is one fatal with Reagan, he was a union buster, a thief and a war crimes administrator.

Ronald Reagan presided over the Iran-Contra affair, did have that trickle-down crap where the wealthy got tax breaks and were supposed to create more jobs, but didn't. And his union busting actions are well documented.....if people are interested in going there on their computers.

Ronald Reagan was not a bad man, was not a monster in the White House, he was a rather simple minded cowboy actor who married one or two of his leading ladies. Nobody can be held accountable for that, hell, we'd all have done it if we had a chance.

The thing is, we don't need our government protecting us.....maybe from ourselves, yes, but not from some fictitious international "boogie man." Do you know, really know why America has only been attacked less then the fingers on one hand, fear. People know that we can raise up, if we have a mind to, when we are wronged, and stomp the living hell out of a tormentor.

December 1941 showed what the average American citizen is made of, September 11, 2001 cemented in stone what the United States is capable of when attacked. Nobody wants any of us, they realize that to mess with us would be a real bad day in their lives, the worst day.

Government is necessary in "our" world, we are unscrupulous towards each other.....and we need to work on that aspect of our lives. Freedom ain't free, but the price doesn't have to be nearly as high as some in government want it to be.

I tried to keep this shorter, but you know.....once I get going, I do tend to "dribble on " a bit, anyways.....have a nice day.




 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment