Sunday, April 10, 2011

BITS & PIECES

BITS & PIECES, (Frazer Chronicle)

Do I sound like a present day politician, you know, "a bit of this, a piece of that" it seems that the further I get into this life of mine, somebody is always wanting a piece of my rock. My (rock) has been whittled down to pebble size, so "no" you can't have anymore.

Thankfully a government shutdown was averted with an 11th. hour deal between Republicans, Demarcrats and President Obama. Like a tree, all of those people involved with the decision bent, but did not break, finally, the way our elected officials are supposed to work.

Now we can move on to more important matters, like gutting the planned parenthood act, taxpayer supported abortion and which small nation we can interfere with in the name of democracy and humanitarianism.

Are we broke as a nation, (like my wallet) the nations wallet is fraying at the edges and is pretty much empty. I proudly say this, (being broke) secure in the knowledge that I enjoyed almost without exception every single minute of my spending life. At 67 I hope of having  several years left, of my spending life and can somehow get on some other government entitlement programs to pad my wallet.

I can remember way back in the middle 1970's reading about, as a nation, we cannot continue going in the hole with governmental spending. That guy was right then and those that say this today are also right. For the United States government to continue deficit spending is lunacy and we will pay, pay, pay. I however have a chafed time understanding and excepting how some set of politicians, secure in their paychecks, can take away funds from the low income and programs for the old, weak or indigent.

The runaway spending that our government has been doing for years, at least since the 1970's, as Republicans say, "can't go on." I for one GET IT, guess what, most of us get it, we all know that deficit spending is fun for a while, but at the end of the month, when the bills come due, it's time to pony up the dough and to make the slate right.

But guess what, when we say "they, the government, spends to much," or "those politicians, all they do is spend our money," those that say that would be telling the truth, but they have one thing wrong, they is us. We have allowed the government to spend to much and we have allowed politicians to spend to much, we is they and they is we.

What we, the actual government need to do is demand that our elected officials, stop and start chopping from the top down, enough of this bull crap about the "1% percent taking their tax breaks and developing new jobs." It is simply not true, if I was a millionaire, or  billionaire, (I should be) would I care about the "little people" of course not. I would be so detached that I wouldn't even know what was going on in the regular world.

Don't get me wrong, some mighty mega bucks people do care about us, the silent majority types, but they won't give until it hurts and I don't blame them. A few actually worked to be where they are at today and they know the tough times, like many of us have went through. But those people, and industry that carry that attitude of entitlement, "that's right, entitlement" must start paying their fair share, "right now and I'm not kidding."

Until that happens, everything is going to, sadly remain the same, without everybody working together, we can't whip the mess that we and my father and mother created. It's really, really a simple thing to accomplish, to balance the budget and begin to get our collective slate clean.

I am sick and tired of these talking heads that point to entitlements, the poor being on the dole and not working by choice. Is that the fodder that Paul "I would be King" Ryan is talking about when he points out his belief in the promise of the American people. Deadbeats, losers and freeloaders that do not want to work, that are satisfied to live of the fat of the land and to not contribute?



No comments:

Post a Comment