Monday, March 4, 2013


FAITH!

(Roman Catholic Resources, Yahoo News, Green Bay Press Gazette, Frazer Chronicle)

 

Not being a religious person, not attending church on a regular basis, Easter and Christmas only, I non-the-less have kind of an opinion about what has been going on in the Catholic Church during my lifetime. Setting back and watching the whole issue open up before my eyes; I have many, many questions as opposed to opinions.

 

My dad was Catholic, but was excommunicated because he married a non Catholic…..my mother back in 1941. Before their marriage my mother took some sort of Catholic class with a Priest so that she could convert, but found the atmosphere and attitude of the Priest so upsetting that she quite. I’m sure it was an early test of their love for one another, and love won out.

 

Ralph Joseph Frazer and Helen Christine Tindall became one in the spring of 1941, and the Catholic Church denounced Ralph J. Frazer as a member in good standing of the church. I came along in November of 1943…..born into a broken home, into an almost racially divided atmosphere. My father’s family were all staunch Catholics while my mother’s family was Methodists.

 

I’m not sure about my three sisters, but even at an early age I felt a kind of tense atmosphere whenever there was family get-togethers, And the two families never, never had any picnics, or inter family functions, it was always an either or, just the Frazer’s, or the Tindalls until very late in the 1970’s. It was beer and booze at the Frazer’s, and soda pop and lemonade at the Tindalls.

 

The scare that the church left on my father was a life changing event for him; he never again felt the same about religion after his marriage back in 1941. He died in 1980 a Methodist, but probably as disillusioned in the final hours of his life regarding his religion as he was back in 1941.

 

It is amazing what people can do to their sisters or brethren with regards to their perception of how to conduct their lives, what to believe in, and the habits that can be acquired through the journey of life. I have often wondered about the advice that is given in the name of religion.

 

Each religion approaches life’s lessons from a different angle or perception, yet it seems to me to be somewhat the same message, a supreme being with somewhat differing doctrines predicated on trust and faith.

 

I have absolutely no problem with people professing their faith or belief in a supreme being, or that people should pray to his son for help or forgiveness. I must admit that I have done the same thing during dire times in my life. I do not pray for world peace, or for a winning lottery ticket…..I must admit that I have prayed for good weather during the time when I was winning a baseball game or for bad weather when we were losing.

 

Believing in a supreme being and the doctrine that goes along with it does take faith, sometimes a whole bunch of faith. I was brought up under the belief that one’s religion was private, to only be expressed through a witnessing process that was shown through how a person lived his life and how a person conducted his life in the public sector.

 

We now come to the crux of today’s Blog, the almost blind faith that people with a deep commitment seem to need. Although I find little objectionable in almost every denomination of religion, I do have a problem with how the teachings of members in a particular religion is conducted.

A GIANT LEAP OF FAITH

I am not religious, although during my life I have accepted as fact certain teachings, beliefs and how to conduct oneself in almost any situation. I do think that we are put here on earth with a pretty much single purpose to achieve, and I do believe that everything happens for a reason.

 

I believe that we are supposed to deal with people in an honest and fair way, to turn the other cheek, maybe even more than once, but not continually. I’m the worst kind of guy to piss off, pretty much because I believe in a certain doctrine, and will allow only so much to pass before I will rise up and smite your butt.

 

I however have formed an opinion with regards to one aspect of a religious group that is rock solid and will never change. The vile and disgusting way that the Catholic hierarchy has dealt, or hasn’t dealt with the problem of child molestation isn’t only a cause for concern…..it should shake the religion to its very base.

 

Do you know what happens when a male adult, in this case a Priest accosts a young boy, do you even have any sort of club? There is no way to sugar coat an instance of sodomy, it hurts, it’s degrading, it leaves the victim completely broken…..for life. Oral sex preformed by a young person on an adult will leave much the same scares as sodomy.

 

It makes the recipient with a broken spirit, unsure of almost anything in his young life, and if the act continues, the damage can only get worse. Sharing the incident with a superior in the church, or a family member probably is not an option.

 

And if the preparatory is found out, well hell, the powers that be have simply shipped the sicko of to some other district, or a kind of half way house for these queer makers for some sort of treatment. I could understand that attitude, if first the Bishop let law enforcement know of the incident so that the proper action could be taken.

 

But that doesn’t happen, these jokers are moved around and hidden and even allowed to comingle with both boys and girls again…..and again…..and again. Exactly who does such a thing, the Catholic Church that’s who. This transgression against the innocent has been going on for millennium, has been condoned by those in authority, and probably by some in that position.

 

THE APPROACH…..UNBELIEVABLE

Why the emphasis only on Catholic Priests…..and those I guess like me who don’t provide links or lists to where information came from. It’s not just the Catholic’s doing these dastardly deeds, surely Protestant, Pentecostals, Rabbi’s, and all sorts of church leaders have been doing the same thing for centuries.

 

These are just a few of what I guess you would have to call “pro Catholic” emails that are listed on Roman Catholic Resources webpage. It’s kind of like politicians today talking about what went on in the Regan era, or during Franklin D. Roosevelt’s presidency. What those former old fart presidents did has little or no correlation to today’s world, let’s move on.

 

So the Pope resigned…..good, he too was an old fart, the rest should take his lead and go where all old Catholics go…..purgatory, many, many deserve to suffer for eternity. Until Catholics come to grips with what a major portion of their church has been doing for a thousand years and more, nothing will change.

 

 

The problem isn’t legal; money will never fix the damage that has been done to probably hundreds of thousands of kids down through the ages. Some smelly old fart sweating over, under or next to a child is a disgusting image…..it’s one every man, women, and child should have.

 

Stopping these creeps isn’t somebody else’s job; it’s not just the Catholics jobs…..unless you are silly enough to think that only Priests accost innocents. It’s everybody’s job, mine included, even though I don’t get to church often enough.

 

The job…..like any other crusade will take time, hard work and an attention to our kids, these sick S.O.B.’s are out there waiting to pounce. We need to catch them in mid-air, and let them know that the kind of sex that they like to practice is coming to an end.

 

Give me some feed-back…..and I’m sorry I’ve been gone for a while, was trying another project that is now finished.           

          

No comments:

Post a Comment