Sunday, April 7, 2013

TO BE OR NOT TO BE, THAT IS THE QUESTION!


TO BE OR NOT TO BE, THAT IS THE QUESTION!

(Body Building. Com, Jezebel, Associated Press, Aljazeera, Frazer Chronicle)

 

Right up front I can tell you that I’m not gay, have never had any inclinations towards entering into a homosexual relationship…..but I do like watching two women in a lesbian situation. I know what that sounds like, watching two women in a hot, steamy, sexual embrace, but I’m in the same boat with virtually the entire male population…..and yes, we are all chauvinistic pigs.

 

But there is a question here with regards to the word chauvinistic, the word has all sorts of verbal connotations, like bellicose patriotism, where is Dick Cheney, a belligerent belief in national superiority and glory, Don Rumsfeld please step forward, and chauvinism is an eponym for Nicolas Chauvin, a French soldier who was credited with many super-human feats in the Napoleonic wars.

 

In fact, until the latter part of 1945, the word, chauvinism was a totally patriotism term, that was heaped on returning military men from the World War 11. Somewhere late in the jubilant celebrations that were going on throughout the west, two women kissed…..in public, men say the activity, and labeled the incident as the real beginning of gay activity between women.

 

Of course there has always been same sex…..sex, we just didn’t talk about it, the activity was kept in the closet…..so that nobody would get that embarrassed that most of us get whenever we see something going on that we don’t understand.

 

I still have a hard time whenever I see two men holding hands, hugging, or showing affection one for the other, and I must admit, as a former ball player, where touchy, feely, ass slapping is usually the order of the day when a guy gets a hit, or makes a field gem, I can tell you first hand, I was never trying to hit on a team-mate.

 

But putting aside all the jokes, and opening most of the doors regarding this subject, it is serious to some people, it is heart rending, and causes complicated issues that are fought every single day that same sex people are together. I must admit that for all the public scorn and the innuendos that these people have to put up with every day of their relationship…..the bond of love between them has to be extremely strong.

 

IT WOULD BE EASY, LIKE A Zucchini MARTINI

It would be so easy if people simply accepted people for whatever they are, if only people would understand that we are all made of flesh, bone, cartilage, muscle and blood. Sure there are differences, like the trees, flowers and the seasons, but the basics are all the same…..universally.

 

I do not agree with same sex marriage, relationships, or any of that icky stuff that goes on behind closed doors, it’s not my business! The lifestyle that people chose is there business; I do believe that they have the same rights as I and my wife do…..if they figure that their union needs that final touch, to make him/her an honest person, as the saying goes.

 

I don’t think that two men should adopt a baby, or child, and I don’t think that two women should either, but that’s just my opinion. Hell who’s to say how a kid would turn out with same sex parents, I know a whole bunch of people that have struggled all their lives, and they had what I would call great traditional parents.

 

 

 

What this debate boils down to is that old black magic, money, almost without exception, any time there is a big hassle going on with regards to people’s rights; money is down near the root of the fight. And my friends…..that is stupid too.

 

Insurance companies, life health and liability, banks, savings and loan, hospitals, the Hippa laws regarding medical information, and some home sales, or rental situations all come under the scrutiny of some form of governmental control at the most, and at the least public outrage for a same sex union, or marriage.

 

Probably since the beginning of time people of the same sex have been attracted to one another, of this fact I am sure, even though it wasn’t written down somewhere in stone. As a guy who has been around other men for most of my life, I can tell you for a fact that a well built man, simply from an artistic point of view are far more attractive than a woman. That said…..I refer to the first paragraph of this blog for my declaration of my heterosexual preference…..women, first, last and always!

 

HERE WE GO AGAIN

So now we have the supreme court being pushed into the debate, already in the mix are some of the churches, a scattering of politicians, actually from both parties, and the usual rabble rousers who just want to hear themselves talk.

 

But in the final analyses, exactly what is being debated, I mean once you cut to the chase, what are we talking about. The way I look at gay people is with a smattering of pity, a sense of sadness, and a degree of reproach.

 

I do not feel any venerability or a feeling of the loss or challenge of that the sanctimony of the union of marriage between a man and women is being threatened. Those people that cry foul whenever gay or lesbian couples marry don’t really make much sense…..to me.      

 

Defending an institution that is only successful about 50% of the time, to me seems like a huge waste of time, maybe these do-gooders should move on to a different agenda, find some other cause to jump up on your soap boxes for.

 

When government is allowed to come into my bedroom…..oh wait, nothing goes on in there anymore, but you get my point. People groups, religious groups, leftists, right wingers, the fringe and the churches as a whole need to stay the hell out of people’s bedrooms. What’s been going on in there…..has been going on since…..forever, at least since people slept on animal skins…..the ground was too cold for any hanky-panky.

 

The Bible calls it a sin, man sleeping, or laying with another man, so it’s a sin, okay, apparently most of this gay people know this fact, and don’t care. If they don’t know of this fact, then they are living a blissful life of ignorance. Thankfully the Bible doesn’t say anything about a women lying with a women…..so you guys keep right on doing what you’re doing.

 

In the end, people are usually going to do whatever it is that they want to do, and all the bitching, and legal posturing doesn’t really matter. Gays and lesbians will simple go underground, just like it was before 1945. These people aren’t trying to hurt anybody, they aren’t forcing their lifestyles on anybody, and believe it or not, they aren’t showing off their preference, to them a kiss, or hug, or a touch is nothing more than a sign of affection, the same as us straights.

HAVE A NICE DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment