Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A WIDE DIVIDE!

A WIDE DIVIDE! (Frazer Chronicle)
The divide widens between Republicans and Democrats with each passing day, almost at an unbelievable pace. Got an email from Wisconsin Democrats today and another from One Wisconsin Now. Both are "lean" and need support, "their very word," hell, "I'm lean and would love some support." House payment, property taxes, utility bills and the ever important cable bill. Anything you can spare would be greatly appreciated, although I'm not tax deductible, I'm a nice guy.

The just of the 2 emails that I received today are basically the same, are liberal and want the return of power to the Democratic side of political thinking. Although I have never voted straight along a party line in my voting life, I suppose I have favored the Democratic view of things.

I think that people should be taxed, I think those taxes should be used for programs that benefit everybody, and take care of those United States citizens that can't seem to take care of themselves, "for whatever reason." I also believe that everybody in America should have health care, the same level of care, provided by government tax dollars. Health care is not a constitutional mandated right, but it is a necessary right.

I also believe that we can vote for whomever we desire to represent us, rather a political party, or some write-in, it is a constitutional right. I however part company with those people that, once a political election has been held, and it's not to their liking, they use every tool at their disposal to get that person out of office.

Once a candidate is elected, as a national, state, county, or city official, for better or worse, we need to support that person. To recall, to spread vicious lies, to fight every step of the way does no good for the country, state or city. It's part of an ever widening divide, a divide that ultimately grinds government to a halt.

I for one will not participate in anymore recalls, or subscribe to trivial organizations that spread ill feelings, or fight government policy. I am not saying that the president, Wisconsin's governor, or my cities mayor is doing what I want, but I guess "to support my country," I will abide by their decisions.

Oh sure, if I don't agree, I'll voice my opinion, but at the end of the day, when the smoke clears, I'll except what happens. The divide in every aspect of government in the United States has gotten so bad, that even a dog catcher's position is contentious.

Enough already!




No comments:

Post a Comment