Sunday, August 28, 2011

WHO SAID THAT?

WHO SAID THAT? (Frazer Chronicle)
Did you ever wonder why some people say "what they do," and more important, "how could they."  Some people are impulsive, and in the "moment" say whatever flies into their head, trickles down to their voice box and come out of their mouths as a statement. Sometimes what is said is in the form of a dis-jointed paragraph, other times, kind of a "gobbledy-guke," and in some instances, single word exclamations. 
There are examples all over the place, way to many for me to list here.....but I will list a few of the more perplexing:
Pot Licker, No, "but thank you very much for the chance," the phrase actually speaks to the social standing that a person holds in the community. A "pot licker" comes from a poor background, and "licks the pots clean," because they have little or no money."
Pound sand up your ass, I guess I might try, but what about my hemorrhoids, wouldn't the sand get in the way of the medication that I take? Another phrase would be "go pound sand," or "pour sand in your ears," yet another saying with regards to "putting things in your ears," pound salt in your ears." No matter how you say it, what it means is to "get lost, we don't want you around.
Kiss my ass, "Really, I don't even know you, I've never been able to figure this one out. The phrase can be used as a joke, or to tell the person the phrase is directed at to "take a hike," or to "shut the hell up." The phrase carries many different means from friendship, to outright hostilities.
Bite me, another beauty, it signifies that the person who is being addressed is not liked, yet a very intimate act is suggested, "ya that's right, ass kissing is being suggested." To tell you the truth, I have seen but 1 ass that I would kiss, my wife's, and I have never seen a guy's ass that I would kiss, although for the right price, I would consider it.

Road hard and put away wet, now here's an interesting little ditty, I'm sure referring to horses, but you can make up your own mind.

She's got the vapors, my sister Elaine has gas.

What did you want me to do, "let it crowd  up around my heart and kill me." My sister Nancy, after she blows a really smelly fart.

He bought the farm, Always thought the phrase meant what it stated, until I did some research, now it's "he died," a truly twisted statement.

Between a rock and a hard place, "ouch" your screwed.

Cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey, women can't relate to this one, but another meaning was when the brass plate  that held cannon balls failed, due to cold weather and the cannon balls would roll around the floor.

Flaming faggots..........thought I' let you chomp on this one for a few seconds, faggots are kindling, or flaming sticks, not homosexuals.....you queers.

A flash in the pan, I've seen a few of these in my lifetime, and I think I've been one a few times myself.

Getting nailed, now here is a paradox, some people might refer to getting nailed, "like Jesus on the cross," or "nailing down a job," or "nailing a test," or sexually, "getting nailed." Personally I like the sexual meaning the best.

Half Assed, yes, everybody knows what the term means, "somebody did the job half way," but who exactly has half an ass, the saying thus is ridiculous, it's like "Going to hell in a hand basket" maybe if you had half a ass you could.



No comments:

Post a Comment