Monday, March 12, 2012

"HE NEVER IMPRESSED ME AS BEING VERY SMART."

"HE NEVER IMPRESSED ME AS BEING VERY SMART." (Frazer Chronicle)

I never was very impressed with Governor Scott Walker even during his campaign, in fact, Democrat Tim Barrett left me a little "out in the cold," but in the end, what Walker said made less sense then what Barrett had to say about election issues, and I voted for Barrett.

Right away Walker started to rub me the wrong way, his cutting and slashing programs, his "tools" for a better school system, for eliminating college educational support personal, for quitting collective bargaining with state employees.....except fire and cop personal made no logical sense to me.

What you ended up with was a bunch of pissed off local, regional and state workers, their only job, to service us, the electorate. I also have never understood, "no matter what Walker or his people have said," why both fire-fighters and police officers unions were excluded from the overall cost saving activity that was going on. If it's good for one.....well then I guess it's good for all.

Now we have the recall activity waged by voters and this "John Doe" investigation headed by Milwaukee County District Attorney John T. Chrisholm and as a casual bystander, I have to ask, "What is going on." Even though I signed a recall petition, "I was forced by my wife," I never fully was in favor of the effort. I figure we elect a politician for the length of whatever office he is in, and if we don't like the job that he is doing, we fire the guy at the next election cycle.

I will admit that Walker has been a bit bizarre in his activity, and "seems" to not have thought through many of his political decisions during the first year of his administration. You can't take everything away, whether the things that you are taking away might be justified. Taking your time is by far the best commodity that can be used in the initial year of a new administration.

I think Scott Walker got caught up in his own press releases, and possibly was looking to his next political position, whatever that might be. I've said this before, "I have never been a member of any union," I have no affiliation with any union, I seldom agree with what unions have to say, yet I know that for each of us non-union workers, we benefit from the unions presents.

But whenever Republicans take over, the first things that are attacked is entitlement programs and the unions, it never fails. Giveaway programs are a necessary evil of a democratic system; it's how people are taken care of in our society that is less fortunate. Without assistant programs, the food giveaway, the medical treatment, many citizens in the country would eventually parish, that my friend is a fact.

Unions have helped to give working men and women across the state and nation simple worker rights, an 8 hour work day, a 5 day work week, better and safer working conditions, the right to speak out and until lately, the right to organize. Unions have also helped set the standard for a living wage that many people enjoy today.

To take these rights away, to circumvent the system is wrong on so many fronts that I'm not going to address each one, I don't want to take the time and effort, and half of you that read this blog won't take the time either.

The rules and regulations that were implemented that govern how political practices are to be done were put into place to keep a lid on how these politicos worked their brand of magic. Scott Walker has a history of breaking the rules, "check out his college political career." Our elected officials need to follow the rules, they, after all, wanted to play the game, and everybody knows that you can't "change the rules after you've started the game."

No comments:

Post a Comment