Wednesday, June 27, 2012

FAT AIN'T WHERE IT'S AT NO MORE!


FAT AIN'T WHERE IT'S AT NO MORE!

(Los Angeles Times/Frazer Chronicle)



So it's finally come down to this, no more pretense, no more "it's what’s inside," no "well he's got a great personality," just the brutal, "hey fatso, push yourself away from the dinner table," or "why not try a little road work mixed in with your mashed potatoes and gravy."



I knew it was coming; it was plain as the nose on your face, fat is unhealthy, doctors say it, and health insurance companies talk about the ballooning problem, hell even the President's wife has gotten on board with her thunder-butt and all.



Now let’s see, you can't ride in a car, or drive one without first strapping on a seat belt, seat belts don't make you a better driver, they protect you from.....yourself and your poor driving habits, and they protect you against the other driver.....and his bad driving habits.



Some states have helmet laws for motorcycle operators and riders, I never really figured that one out, I mean usually and biking accident pretty much mangles a person up, it's kinda like, "the bodies dead, but the head is in great shape."



Kids under a certain age can't ride in the front seat of a car or truck, they gotta be strapped into one of those ugly car seats, you know, the seat where the kid pees and poops because their pissed off that their mommy and daddy are strapping them into that torture chamber of a car seat.



Life belts for all on board a pleasure craft on a lake of any kind and size, no wake zones, and definitely no alcohol. I've watched those "over the limit, or beach party" shows on Tru T.V. those cops don't let anything slide.



I could go on and on about the regulations we come across every day here in the "land of the free and the home of the brave,".....but I won't. Oh what the hell, just one more. Smoking, everybody knows it's bad for you; it's bad for those people around you, and causes all sorts of health problems.



So how did we solve that little problem, we made it illegal for people to smoke in public places as well as some private. Gee, pretty quick, the only thing that will cause death will be living, you know, "old age," and if the insurance companies ever figure a way around that one, they won't have to pay any benefits at all.



Let’s, just for a minute, examine the obese cops, their duties, and exactly who benefits from the healthy build of a man or women. More importantly, if there are suggestions about how to "slim down," who pays the bill.



PONY UP THE DOUGH RAY ME:

Stuff today costs so much money, I'm not sure how the "stuff" gets paid for; I mean hundreds of dollars for rent, for food, and for cable. And if you own your home, wow, repairs, mortgage payments, general maintenance, taxes and insurance, I get out of breath just thinking about it.



We pay for security, police, fire department, military force, health care and so many little "hidden" costs that it makes my head swim. And now.....possibly a "fat tax," give me a break. I don't care if Rose next door weighs 400 pounds and at death will have to be lowered into the ground with a crane. Too bad, so sad.....but so what.



Now comes the kicker, here's the "so what," the insurance company has to pay for the burial, has to pay of death benefits to family and friends, and the health insurance company just got done spending hundreds of thousands of dollars trying to keep fat old Rose alive for as long as they could.



It's fine and dandy that people worry about good old fat Rose, but even though she has health and death insurance, the insurance company can't leave it alone, they want to collect the premiums, and then make no payouts, it's called a "win-win," and it's what the insurers want.



Actually what some of these "fat advocates" want is for the government to pay for some sort of "fat clinic" system around the country to help with the fat issues that we have. Clearly as a people, we have, here in the United States a "fat problem." We sit on our butts too much of the time, watching television, "I try and limit myself to only five or six hours a day," and eat snack food.



OBESE COUNSELING:

I have a sugar problem, I have hyper tension, I have a bit of a weight problem, I see my doctor every six months or so, and he kicks my butt about my weight, my eating habits and my lack of exercise. Since June 1st. of this year, I've lost 9 pounds, joined a health club and work out every other day.



Other then the weight loss, the only thing I've taken away from my work-out ritual is sore joints and muscles. Oh sure, I needed to work out on a regular basis, but at my age and station in life, I'll never regain whatever it is that I lost. It's gone, over the hill, on the down side of life.....and you know what, I don't care.



I decided to join a health club, I decided to take advantage of the tools at the health club, I made these decisions for two very good reasons, my doctor kept bugging me and my wife wouldn't shut up about my expanding "dunlap."



That was my counseling, I paid for one, "my doctor," and I live with the other, "my wife." I respect my doctor, and I love my wife, so what was I supposed to do, ignore both of them.....I don't think so.



The best incentive for people is.....themselves, those that can't "self motivate" are their own worst enemy, and probably are beyond help. To those people I raise a Big Mac with double cheese and an extra large bag of fries, topped off with a milk shake.


But for us to pay for your "fat counseling," my answer is a big fat no, you’re on your own there.


No comments:

Post a Comment