Friday, September 13, 2013

HOLD ON THERE PARTNER!


HOLD ON THERE PARTNER!

(Gun Show Trader, WMTV Madison)

(Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Adam Liptak)

(Blackstone’s Commentaries on the Laws, Greg Carter)

(Separation of Powers in Practice, Joyce Lee Malcolm, Frazer Chronicle)

 

Holy tamely, did you get a load of what happened yesterday in little ole Appleton, Wisconsin, home to Harry “Who-done-it” Houdini, it was like the old wild west, if you can call two guys walking down main street with AR-15 rifles slung over their shoulders. And they say that red neckiness is confined to the south only; huh guess that’ll show ya.

 

The good old 2nd amendment was working overtime yesterday in the cheese-head state, home to the former CreamCity/Milwaukee Brewers, dairy cows and the Green Bay Packers. These two fellows aged 27 and 22 thought it’d be a good idea the carry their weapons through the crescent city and do a little vegetable shopping at the local farm market.

 

These two must have thought maybe a veggie seller, or a cheese maker might try and rip them off, and like good scouts wanted to be prepared. The way they thought, since it was guaranteed by the 2nd amendment to the Constitution, carrying slung rifles over their shoulders would not attract any attention…..of any kind. Oh and by the way, both the young men had all the proper licenses and paper-work necessary to posses and carry weapons.

 

I always have to chuckle at the reaction by first the authorities, and secondly the press, in this instance both the cops and the media talked about the Aurora-Newtown environment and how it wasn’t very smart to carry guns down a public street. As the Milwaukee Police Chief said, “it’s a reckless and irresponsible stunt to strut around in public with an assault-style weapon and to think that police should assume you’re well-intentioned.”

 

Personally I think what these two men had in mind to accomplish was accomplished…..they wanted some sort of notoriety…..and bam, they got it. Unless either one or both were strung out on corn silk, our two of the dumbest people in Wisconsin, they walked on the Appleton streets with rifles to see exactly what the reaction would be…..and like one of them said, “I’m still kind of shaken. I was one nervous twitch away from having a bullet put in me.”

 

Da do you think, I learned one of many life’s lesson’s many years ago, never count on predictable reaction from another, expect the unexpected. Let me see, you have a weapon slung over your shoulder, is it loaded, unleaded, is the firing pin in your pocket, is the official looking gun real…..oh the hell with it, I’ll just shoot the dink and sort out all of the answers to my questions later.

 

MAN WITH A GUN

I’m not a cop, never have been a cop, and never had a desire to be one; it’s a thankless unappreciated job by the masses until a cop is needed. I am sure that police officers, like the vast majority of the working force in the United States gets tired of the everyday grind…..cops do to. Can you imagine the feeling that a bored cop gets when he gets that call…..man with a gun!

 

Every part of a patrolmen’s anatomy comes to full alert, the training, or the lack there-of kicks in and a regular beat cop becomes a lethal weapon. Ready to act, mostly out of self preservation, is like an itchy finger on a trigger. That is exactly what these two young dildos unleashed with their stupid Rambo act yesterday in relatively peaceful downtown Appleton, Wisconsin.

 

For whatever reason many gun advocates figure that they need a firearm for protection, you know, for that burglar who breaks in at night or worse a male perpetrator who has designs on the female inhabitants. No-sir-ee, being prepared is always the best avenue I always say.

 

But exactly what does a man with a gun do when he is confronted by a burglar, a potential rapist or just some punk out in a breaking and entering lark with absolutely no ulterior motives except the initial rush of a stealthy illegal act, are you going to shoot him/them too?

 

And where do you shoot or aim, at the head, chest, shoulder, leg, back…..gee decisions, decisions, what if the shot just wings um and he’s still able to fight back. What if you get into one of those television shoot-outs, what if you run out of ammo…..do you have a back-up plan, does the wife call the cops, where are the kids, dogs or cats.

 

God what if one of your rounds goes through a wall and hits poor old Mildred next door, is that justified homicide, if she survives can she sue me, can I sue the perps that I’m shooting at, what rights do I have with regards to a liable law suit that might be filed by one of these bastards.

 

And how will it feel if I kill somebody, can I live with that, will their family come after me, what will my family, my friends and my neighbors feel about me. How will I feel about myself, was taking another’s life really necessary? Maybe the guy was desperate, couldn’t feed his family, or was in danger of getting kicked out of his home…..decisions, decisions…..once you pull that trigger there’s only consequences.

 

AND YOU THOUGHT IT’D BE EASY TO KILL SOMEBODY

Taking a person’s life I’m sure is never an easy thing to do, almost no matter the reason, actually if I think about the question, I get to a point that I don’t want to consider the prospect…..I’d probably have been an extremely poor sniper, I’d rather think about butterflies, blue skies, and rolling green fields.

 

For me life is way too short to contemplate taking somebody’s life, if I own it…..you can have it, money, huh, it’s just green paper, take what you need. For me there is very little reason to rise up in anger over another’s actions. My wife may not believe me, but (honey it’s true, just because I call some driver a (silly ass) doesn’t mean I want to shoot him/her.)

 

Sadly our lives is much like a wheel, almost what goes around comes around, we can’t seem to learn by our experiences, or the history of our past. Nothing has ever been solved by violence; to take a life with the exception of someone who threatens a family member with bodily harm is unacceptable, and unnecessary.

 

Between now and December 31 the state of Wisconsin will be host to 34 gun shows at 34 different sites throughout the state. To a degree and extent these gun shows fly in the face of sanity in our state, guns aren’t toys, they aren’t trophy’s, they are tools of destruction, first, and foremost. Very few people need to go into the woods and forage for meat, believe it or not there’s a Super-Market for that kind of thing.

 

Now before anybody goes off half cocked let me set the record straight, I do not hate guns, I do not view them as fire-sticks, I accept them for exactly what they were designed and manufactured to be a fire-arm, a weapon, an instrument of destruction, to always be weary of and respected.

 

To me its funny how this wheel of life continues, I do not need a gun, for protection or to shoot at animals with. I won’t be going into the forests in the near future to test my mettle; I’m secure in my man-hood, but be advised I do not disparage the man who does go into the woods to hunt , it’s his right.

 

It’s funny how gun advocates recount the 2nd amendment to the Constitution, pointing to it as their holy grail, the exact moment in United States history when our fore-fathers dictated to all that keeping, and bearing arms was not only a right declared by our Constitution, but some sort of mythical mandate from God that it was inalienable to forever have the right to fire-arms.

 

The 2nd amendment has been studied, rewritten, repunctuated enumerable times so that it fits whichever way groups want, so that the meaning favors their voice. I however have a different amendment to the Constitution regarding a person’s right to bear arms…..sticks and stones must be used to settle all confrontations, encroachments and owed debts. And if all else fails…..take a Valium and call me in the morning!

 

HAVE A NICE DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment