Tuesday, September 3, 2013

WHAT IS A CONDITION OF ANONYMITY?


WHAT IS A CONDITION OF ANONYMITY?

(Aljazeera, Reuters, Ritt Goldstein)

(Trib-Live, Invisibler)

(Frazer Chronicle)

 

Today we read or hear about a condition of anonymity and like some of you I thought that this anonymity might be a really bad strain of virus that might be a debilitating illness that could affect large numbers of American citizens. What are the signs is there a vaccine, can it be fatal, how does it spread, and is it terminal? Legitimate questions all, but more important where can a citizen go for the answers to these vexing posers?

 

Imagine my relief when my neighbor told me that a condition of anonymity wasn’t a flu at all, but rather a person being anonymous, you know, being in a state of being secret, saying something, but not owing up to it. Man I was really relieved, it made my day…..for at least an hour or so.

 

Like I said you read or hear about somebody saying something and not taking responsibility for what they said, (according to my neighbor) at least once a day. Is this a phenomenon, or a sign of the times, or a way of leaking something, usually information that was meant to be known by the general population…..I don’t think anybody can be certain…..at least I’m not.

 

I remember back in the early 2000th after the September 11, 2001 attacks hearing about some sort of plan that was going to be initiated by the Bush white-house whereby there would be millions of Americans recruited to spy on other Americans. The goal was to have about one in every 25 citizens spying on their fellow citizens.

 

It was called the Terrorism Information and Prevention System, or (TIPS) a really cool moniker for a program that actually would set American citizens against one another. It was to be modeled after the East German Stasi Secret Police. Created in 1950, it was, at the time the most competent intelligence and policing force in the world. It was dissolved in 1990, and its leaders and some of the 90,000 employees brought to justice for crimes against humanity.

 

SPIES AND SPOOKS, GET ON BOARD

It’s kind of funny to me, (not in a ha, ha kind of way) that elected officials, and those people that they appoint have little trust in their fellow countrymen, local, regional, state, and federal law enforcement are the exact same way, they do not trust anybody. No wonder I never was enamored with intelligence gathering, or law enforcement, I believe that most people are inherently good.

 

The information that these programs gather is problematic, and mostly you’d better not bet the milk money on its accuracy. To a degree it’s how, (spying from within) the 3rd Reich and Adolph Hitler operated from 1933 until April of 1945.

 

Personally I think that it’ll be years before historians will sift through all the crap that the Bush administration initiated, and wanted to initiate, and to show from their digging how really close the United States came to resembling a 3rd Reich kind of situation.

 

It’ll be a damn cold day before I snoop on my neighbor, for anything, I don’t think I have ever known anybody that was a terrorists or a foreign spy…..of course maybe they were really good at their jobs, and it’s why I didn’t know what they were about.

 

 

People watch way too many James Bond movies or other such genre to be able to have a clear and accurate picture of what spying is all about. Spying on your neighbor, or friends and even family members is…..well, an almost inexcusable affront into a person’s privacy, and liberties. I don’t like spies or spooks, but in this instance…..leave this job to the pros.

 

THE OLD (I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE) SYNDROME

“I support like spying on my neighbors, friends, family members or co-workers because I have nothing to hide.” Are you out of your fricken mind, whether a person has or doesn’t have anything to hide is not the issue, the issue is simple, who have the right to snoop into your stuff.

 

People who make that statement, (nothing to hide,) talk like a person with a paper behind, they are way too ignorant to understand what our government is doing to them. They really aren’t part of the solution, but part of the problem.

 

We now find out that AT&T has some sort of deal with the Federal Government whereby the have almost instant access to probably trillions of phone conversations that date back six, eight or ten years. The Hemisphere Project, could it be the Hemorrhoid Project, is paid for by the United States Drug Enforcement Administration, and the office of National Drug Control Policy.

 

This outfit, manned with AT&T employees situated at four different locations around the country sifts through phone conversations every day. The program, Hemisphere, or Hemorrhoid has some data that goes back more than 25 years.

 

For those folks who have nothing to hide…..I wish I felt the same way, I however do not, I want the fed to keep it’s big fat snotty nose outta my business, I’m innocent…..at least until proven guilty.  I have nothing to hide…..but I sure as hell don’t want anybody riffling through my stuff.

 

And subpoena power by the fed towards AT&T, you must be kidding, the fed can simply bite me, I do not have the time to play this silly stupid game. And here’s a flash, there’s a strong suspicion that there’s been very little judicial oversight of any surveillance that have been initiated by our Federal Government. Wow, is that a revelation or what?

 

HAVE A NICE DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment