Saturday, February 11, 2012

JUST ONE DOLLAR!

JUST ONE DOLLAR! ( Milwaukee Journal Sentinel-Frazer Chronicle)

"We need your financial help, just one dollar, one dollar can be another phone call made, print another flier, or be a piece of a radio ad, every bit counts." Sounds like a  plea for funds in a local or state political race, right.....wrong, it was Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker addressing the 39th. annual Conservative Political Action Conference yesterday in Washington D.C.

During the blah, blah, blah of a bunch of tight-wad right wing zealots complaining about the current U.S. President, and how they can rid the country of the very worst leftist activity in recent memory, Walker, as one of the key note speakers of the conference compared his removal from the governor's mansion in Madison through recall activity as having "a lasting blow against political risk-takers."

"Lord help us if we fail," Walker said, "I'm not planning on it, but if we were to fail, I think it would set aside any courageous act in American politics for at least a decade if not a generation." Jeez I didn't know  Wisconsin was that important to the rest of the country, or that Scott Walker and his administration were "country shakers and makers." I sure am glad I didn't vote for him, I sure as hell wouldn't want my vote running around the country, raising funds so that it can stay in office.

As a resident of Wisconsin, I fail to see what his "Walker's" actions against unions has to do with the rest of the country. I mean all that he did was to take away collective bargaining from most public employees, which  enact austerity programs to most involved. His actions made sense, the well was dry and he implimented programs that had to be made.

That said, I can't for the life of me understand why he seems "shocked" that those effected people would want to hang him by his testicals from a grade school swing set. I mean many school districts, thanks to his "tools" for re-organization now find themselves having to cut staff, or add duties to the teaching staffs, all the while adding no pay, and mandating that the teachers pay more of their benefit packages.

I have no doubt that Scott "Sleepy" Walker will face a recall election, and that he will lose that election, and his implimented activity aimed against the unions of state workers will suffer, and that will be sad. Because even though I detest how Walker has done his deed, I can see the value in some of what has been eliminated.

Some of the union workers benefits were absolutely silly, and had to be made with city, county and state representatives that were simply asleep at the meetings. But to spring things on his fellow Wisconsinites the way he did, Walker and his "handlers" were in a deeper sleep then those city, county and state negotiators, and for that, "Sleepy" all the dollars in your policical war chest won't save you from an early exit from Madison.


No comments:

Post a Comment