Thursday, February 9, 2012

TENSE RELATIONS WITH BOSSES!

TENSE RELATIONS WITH BOSSES! (USA TODAY, Frazer Chronicle)

For some unknown reason, the higher up the food chain of employment, people figure that they are dealing with professionals all the time. "Poor babies," the same nit wit mentality applies whether your making $8 or $80 an hour, people in charge have a huge disconnect with reality and how to deal with their "underlings."

What am I talking about, some air marshals have reported "tense" relations with their bosses over such mundane issues as pay raises, promotions, reporting incidents that might result in discipline for superiors or job duties and assignments that might be desirable.

Surprise, surprise.....the wedge between supervisors and their workers is not only at McDonald's or Pete's Sheet Metal Shop, it's present on every level.....all over the place. It takes a truly extraordinary person to be in a supervisory position, and to treat people with dignity and respect, and more important, get the optimum results from workers.

It's still best to "keep your mouth shut, your head bowed, and your ear's closed" if you want to survive in today's working world. Of course, the work world has always been this way, how I made it to retirement age, I'll never know.

I guess one of the big reasons was because I wasn't allowed to carry a firearm on any of my jobs, it wasn't necessary....."thank God." I took very little crap from my supervisors.....any of them, they didn't have the right. I knew when I screwed up, and very seldom did I play politics, I admitted what had been done, and took whatever the consequences might have been.

Air marshals have an incredibly dangerous job, "potentially," and need to have the ability to voice their concerns whenever they please, lives can depend on their decisions. I guess we truly have become to big.....I have never put much faith in Homeland Security anyways, I've always felt the creation of the agency was a "knee jerk reaction" to 2001, and a poor decision.


No comments:

Post a Comment