Monday, April 16, 2012

A WHOLE BUNCH OF HOT AIR!


A WHOLE BUNCH OF HOT AIR! (USATODAY/Frazer Chronicle)

What a bunch of hot air, hot breathing, bull-crap, a whole bunch of talk about absolutely nothing.....and everybody fell for it, well almost everybody.....I didn't, but of course then again, I'm your Editor in Chief, I study these things and have absolutely no political agenda.

I am of course talking about the supposed flap caused by less than 100 words, 95 to be exact, about how Ann Romney doesn't have a clue about working mothers in America. I don't get the big deal; I wouldn't have said what Hilary Rosen did, especially if I were a democratic strategist.

This woman, with the flappy lips sure seems to know how to hit a sensitive cord with the Mitt Romney political camp. I guess we need to take a look at the principles in the current episode between the Republicans and Democrats as the "silly season" of political rhetoric unfolds.

A stupid simple statement, 95 words worth has given fuel to the fires of political passion as first the Republicans and then the Democrats try to take control of the atmosphere of debates that continue to ebb and flow as the country enters the "mean season" of the presidential race.

Here is what Hilary Rosen said on an appearance on CNN on April 11th. 2012 with regards to the Romney claim that the Obama presidency has been bad for women:

"What you have is Mitt Romney running around the country saying, 'Well, you know my wife tells me that what women really care about are economic issues and when I listen to my wife that's what I'm hearing.' Guess what? His wife has actually never worked a day in her life. She's never really dealt with the kinds of economic issues that a majority of the women in this country are facing in terms of how do we feed our kids, how do we send them to school, and why do we worry about their future."

Now if a person of reasonable intelligence dissects what Rosen said, as I did, one fails, "at least I didn't" fail to see anywhere where Rosen said it wasn't a job to raise kids, she talked about the hardships surrounding raising kids in today’s economic society.

Ann Romney probably has never worked a day in her life, like at Taco John's, or Burger King, or McDonald's. She has never had to deal with the public on a daily basis, or to drag her sorry butt out of bed, feed the kids, make sure that they are ready for school and catch the bus.....and then ready herself for her 9 to 5 job. Oh, and then worry about her husband and his wants or needs.

Personally I have marveled at how women can do all that is necessary and expected of her during her usual day. The kids, the house, the meals, the washing and at the end of the day.....the husband, women are "super" for sure.

Has Ann Romney ever had to do most of these things, of course not, have you ever heard of child care, or mother's helper, or a nanny, or an Au Pair? These "chicks" are the backbone of child rearing for the rich and shameless. They wake the children, groom them, dress them, make the beds, rooms are clean, prepare breakfast, prepare lunch, clean dishes, oversee homework, drive and pick them from school, prepare health afternoon snack, assist with homework, bathe them and then tuck them into bed.

If you are trying to tell me that Ann Romney has, or can walk a mile in my wife's shoes, "that, I would like to see." This is not to say that Ann Romney is any less a women then my wife, it simply means that she, "Romney" chose a better provider then my wife.

But for Mitt Romney, or Ann Romney, or the Republican Party, or Rush Limbaugh to say that life's lessons has made Ann Romney an equal with my wife is, well, ludicrous. Ann Romney couldn't carry my wife’s lunch pail, broom, or mop, but hey, that's okay, the world needs Ann Romney's the same as it needs Candace Joan’s, it's what balances the country.

Hilary Rosen works for a Capitol Hill based strategic communication, advertising, print and direct mail organization SKDKnickerbocker. To say that Hilary Rosen is a democratic strategist is like saying "my grand-daughter is a horse jockey because she likes horses." She has worked for SKD since sometime in 2010, and before that she was a lobbyist for the music industry.

Mitt and Ann Romney are worth at least half a billion dollars and that is great, it means that they pay a lot of taxes, they just need to pay more. Did the Romney's earn their money, I don't know, and I could care less, they have it, they use it and there is a "trickle down" to us poor folks, hell I hold my hand out every day.

But for some of these "whack job's" Rush Limbaugh, or Michele Bachman to chastise Hilary Rosen, or for President Obama to "distance" himself from Rosen is ridiculous. Simply consider the source and check from where she is coming from. In the end, Rosen stated a simple truth; she comes from a different class of people than 99% of us do. It's not her fault; she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth, as was her husband.

Should these people be running our country.....are you serious.....of course not, they have absolutely no comprehension of what it takes to drag a tired butt out of bed, haul yourself to a job that, "for many is a drag," raise kids, get old, retire on some penny ante pension and then die at 70.

When I say that "rich people shouldn't run our country," don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that rich people are bad people, they’re just clueless, and how could they be any other way. You don't really think George W. Bush wiped his own butt until he was about 15, do ya?

And it doesn't matter the breed "of the politician," today the price is so high that the average guy doesn't have much of a chance to even consider run for most political offices, let alone actually beginning a campaign.

Get used to the attitude of the lesser, Ann, it's how we react to the affluent, most of us don't like it, but we can't help it, we long for your riches.....at least I do.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment