Thursday, June 27, 2013


APOLOGY PAYMENTS FROM THE IRS!

(USA TODAY, New York Times)

(The Journal Record, The Blaze, Thompson Reuters)

(Roll Call Staff, Frazer Chronicle)

 

So…..here we go again, a governmental problem where a department that helps to make up the government that we all know, and who we depend on to enhance our daily lives, by carrying out their prescribed job description. It’s not a new way of government; there have been departments within our government since its inception way back in 1776.

 

Over the course of time, some of these departments have been scrapped, others remodeled, and some merged to make government more efficient and economical. These changes and reorganizations have usually been done internally, and in rare instances, the changes or eliminations have been decided by the voters of the country

 

We seem to have come full circle with regards to our Internal Revenue Service, its mission and who actually is running the asylum that the agency seems to have spiraled on a downward path into. According to taxpayer advocate, Nina Olson, says that “$1,000 checks would help show that the system is “just and fair”.

 

Well Nina, I’m all for that, hell, give me my money so that I can pay some of my pesky bills that are dogging me. I was wronged in an egregious way back on April 15, 2013, I had to pay in to the IRS, and I wasn’t given an audience to voice my protest.

 

That qualifies, right Nina, I’m on a fixed income, and money around the Frazer household can get pretty dicey between the first of the month and the third Wednesday. A steady diet of Ramen noodles from the first Saturday until the third Wednesday of a month really has the old Frazer Ponderosa with almost guns drawn, and a “take no prisoners attitude.”

 

Reading further in the USA TODAY article, I find that Olson isn’t approaching new ground in her watch of the IRS, she proposed an apology payment back in 2007 as a way to restore taxpayer confidence! She, in addition, proposed capping the payment program at $1,000,000 a year. A million bucks, are you out of your cotton pickin mind?  Honey if you’re really gonna make a difference, cap the program,,,,,but don’t stop at a million, not when a BILLION, OR A TRILLION rolls off your tongue in such a comforting way. Yeah I like a BBBIIILLLIIIOOONNN, OR A TTTRRRIIILLLIIIOOONNN much better.

 

Nina, see if you can’t push your people a little and get the settlements going, (me first of course), and try trillions instead of millions as a capper. Say Nina, something just occurred to me, exactly where are these funds that will help pay me coming from?

 

THE FLY IN THE OINTMENT

It never ceases to fail, whenever I think that I might be getting a financial windfall something comes along to crush my good fortune. Do you think that everybody has the same problem that I have whenever I perceive to have a case of good luck, some pesky little fly comes along and plops right down in the middle of my feel good moment, and everything turns to…..well, you know…..I can’t say it here, this is a family blog, but the substance is usually dark in color, can smell, and is a muddy texture, and the first letter is S and the last letter is – T .

 

 

Nina, I love your idea; it shows lots of initiative, and actually perseverance, after all, you have a seven year track record. So, Nina old girl, I commend you for your effort, but exactly where are these payment funds going to come from? Hell I thought you had that already figured out, and if your thinking that these APOLOGY PAYMENTS are going to come from the government, turn over honey, cause you need several spanks on your behind…..not to mention a new hair-do.

 

AGAIN I HAVE TO EDUCATE

Nina, the IRS is not a money making entity, the agency does collect trillions of dollars from taxpayers, but that money goes to different departments so that they can be funded and operate in the people’s interest. If you were operating under the misguided understanding Nina that the IRS had stacks and wads of bills laying around…..like in Iraq, you are gravely mistaken.

 

There is no amount of money that is going to make me trust the IRS, whatever there was between me and the IRS, it was never trust, probably it was the grudging understanding that either during the year, or at the end of the year, I’d either have to pay a higher rate in, or would have to pay a lump sum at the end of the year, April 15.

 

So for Nina Olson and her people and organization to even whisper that there should be any kind of apology payments coming to the taxpayers or their groups, or the individual beliefs of people is just WRONG, the IRS does not have funds to make these payments.

 

What should be happening here, Nina, is a concerted effort by people like yourself…..Nina and you’re group, and other groups and concerned citizens that share your views to get together and meet, and to create an acceptable agenda and confront these jerks…..and through sheer numbers get these people out of their safe haven jobs,,,,, and onto the streets looking for a job, cause you chased them out of their office!

 
HAVE A NICE DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment