Saturday, June 29, 2013

IT’S GONNA BE A HOT ONE!


IT’S GONNA BE A HOT ONE!

(Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Todd Hill, Robbie Searcy, Huffington Post)

(J.R. Pegg, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Naomi Oreskes, Chris Matyszczk)

(Mike Lockwood, IPCC 4th Assessment Report, Judith Lean, Europa, Frazer Chronicle)

 

Yeah its gonna be a hot one out there, and it’ll also be a cold one, a dry one, a wet one, lots of snow, and hardly any snow at all. Yup from no snow, to a whole bunch of the damned stuff, it’s all a sign of the effects of global warming that is taking an ever stronger hold around our collective necks.

 

I talked with my brother-in-law last week, he lives in the upper part of Lower Michigan, and he was complaining about the lack of rain. Now as the crow flies, Pat, (my brother-in-law) lives probably about 60 north and 150 miles east, and he’s gotten around 13” of rain. Me here in the N.F.L.’s ice-box franchise has gotten just a tad less than 18” over the same period of time.

 

So what’s my point…..it’s really a simple point, as anybody who knows me can understand, rain-fall, or snow acumination has little to do in the short term of weather patterns. But decades old trends do indicate what is going on with the weather.

 

I used to live where my brother-in-law does, Traverse City, and I remember snow banks on the side of roads that were 6’, 7’ and even 8’ in height. People would put flags or orange balls on their radio antennae so that oncoming cars would be aware of them. And nobody did a Hollywood stop, where a driver slows down, looks both ways, and continues on his merry way. No-sir-e, every stop was…..a stop, and you’d inch into the intersection to see who was coming.

 

In my youth, and in fact throughout my twenties, thirties and forties, I played baseball, or was involved in some capacity with the game. I recorded the weather conditions in my scorebooks on a game to game situation, and the weather today is warmer than 25 or 30 years ago.

 

THERE ARE SIGNS

Just like everything else that we humans deal with, there are telltale signs that for whatever reason we simple don’t pay attention to. I’ve listed some of these signs that are here, smacking us right in our collective heads…..and we do not heed them:

Warm temperatures, cold temperatures, mild temperatures, snow, lack of snow, no snow, rain, no rain, lack of rain, tornadoes, no tornadoes, hurricanes, lack of hurricanes, hail, no hail, storms, lack of storms, and floods and lack of floods.

 

What the above illustrates is the fact that each type of condition in our weather can have an impact on our lives. If a region has a prolonged condition of say, warm temperatures, your area will…..over time becomes uninhabitable. It’s what climate science is all about, and the science, like every other type of science, results can, (on the surface) seem different short term, but long term…..well, you get the message.

 

People really do read way too much into what they hear about the question of global warming, it can come from many, many different sources, sadly by many people who simply like to be the stick that stirs the drink. I’d name some of these jokers, but I don’t have, nor am I willing to take the time to write these people down.

 

 

Rest assured that grant money is not a reason that a scientist would sit around some desolate outpost in the arctic measuring the depth of ice, and how quickly it might be melting. The hairs on the back of my neck kind of tingle whenever I hear somebody talking about these climatologists not wanting to lose their grant money…..to me it makes no sense, it’s not jazzy enough a reason.

 

I”LL TELL YOU THE REASON WHY

It’s not that Americans don’t believe in global warming, it’s that they don’t want to believe it because the condition will alter their lives so much. Just think about it for a minute, possibly no more Tru-TV, possibly having to live without the corner tavern, or worse, the corner McDonald’s…..the thought is, well…..un-American.

 

Potentially if global warming is true, our way of life…..as one of the world’s biggest polluters would be over. Some kind of give in to the idea of clement being potentially bad, and potentially here, but they don’t want to address the problem right now. Others want to address the problem head on; they separate their cans, plastic, and glass containers…..and make compost gardens…..but go no further.

 

Some people actually fears global warming; seem to throw up their hands and wonder what they can do, what it means, and how the hell can I get outta here! The consequences of climate change is so great to some here in the United States that they willingly deny empirically evidence and make all forms of illogical statements rejecting and renouncing that there is evidence that they earth is warming.

 

Of course there’s my take on the climate warming issue, wait to be afraid and concerned about global warming until my gas well has come in, and I’ve gotten my millions out of the ground. I realize that this attitude is flippant, but I really do need that black Escalade to drive around, and anyways a year or two longer won’t hurt that much!

 

A weaker argument than my gas well scenario would be the burden to American industry and the devastating loss of jobs. There is a simple and direct answer to that opinion…..if what the warmist people say will happen when global warming takes over, the deserts, lack of water, raising oceans, and the uninhabitable areas, what would be the difference.

 

Nobody would have jobs, because nobody would have any money, and in fact, life-styles would have reverted to something out of almost midlevel times. SSSSSSSSSoooooooooooooooooooooo, the argument to not believe in global warming because people would lose jobs would be…..bogus.

 

GRAPH AND CHART ALL DAY

You can look up all the information you want, there’s a load of it…..information, but at the end of the day, if even 20% of what the warmers say is true, we are in a load of trouble, and the future generations of the world will be hard pressed to continue, and you should know how I feel about legacies and future generations….. (I could care less about future generations, my folks left me with problems, and I can leave some problems too.) That said…..I guess leaving my grand-kids, and their kids without potable water, and a continuous summer would be a bit to.

 

So I guess it behooves us all to work a bit harder at this weather and inclement stuff…..for our grand kids and their kids.

 

HAVE A NICE DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment